Poison & Medication Safety

When it comes to chemicals and medications, ALWAYS...



NEVER touch, use or consume chemicals or medications without a parent's approval and supervision.

Immediately tell an adult or call 9-1-1 if someone, including you, has been exposed to a poisonous substance, such as a household cleanser, the wrong medication, or too much medication.


Solids: poison ivy, poison oak, poison
berries, some types of medications,
and etc.
Aerosols: spray paint, bug spray, window cleaner, and etc.
Invisibles: carbon monoxide, smoke
from a car exhaust,
cigarette smoke, and etc
Liquids: bleach, household cleansers, some types of
medications, and etc.